New Obsession: Houzz


I first stumbled upon Houzz while searching for new and interesting iPad applications.  Originally attracted to the striking photo ideabook that marries the Houzz imagery with the iPad's remarkable interface I was intrigued and started looking more into exactly what "Houzz" was all about.  It's more than just a site for photos but is actually a great resource that bridges the gap between professional interior designers and today's design enthusiasts.  The Houzz photo library shows innovative and original design photography that is meant to inspire and showcase some great design work from interiors to exteriors and baby rooms to great rooms.  The user can generate images based on different filter categories and then "like" an image to start creating their very own, personalized "ideabooks".  


House Beautiful Bath
Mark Brand Architecture
Dumican Mosey Architects 

Check out Houzz and try it out for yourself.  While I may not be currently working on a redesign project for my own home, I can certainly find ways to keep myself occupied for hours on the site.

Get the iPad application here.

No comments: