Lust Must: "PICKIN' UP THE PIECES" by Fitz and The Tantrums

While typically a purveyor of all things visual, this post has a slightly different twist.  I'm a sucker for a strong melody, catchy lyrics, and a bumpin' baseline.  Though my taste in music genres varies greatly, I have a soft spot for bands and singer-songwriters who are exploring new musical boundaries.  


Not too long ago a friend introduced me to Fitz and The Tantrums and took me to a KCRW-sponsored music event at the Hammer Museum.  After the first song I was hooked. A neo-soul vibe with groovy lyrics and the skills of two top-notch singers (Fitz and Noelle) who were backed by a large band was enough to leave me anxiously awaiting the release of their new album entitled "Pickin' Up The Pieces."  Having heard songs like "MoneyGrabber", "Winds of Change", and "L.O.V.", I couldn't wait to hear what was in store for the rest of the album.  

Released a few weeks ago, F&TT has practically exploded onto the scene.  It's only a matter of time before they're huge!



Check out their Facebook and Myspace pages as well as iTunes.  If you're in the LA area this weekend, they'll be performing at LobsterFest in San Pedro.

Speaking of visuals, here's the amazing music video for "MoneyGrabber"- such great art direction and editing.

Enjoy!

No comments: